Saturday, November 10, 2012

Introduction

I read a lot of blogs in the course of my day, and it occurred to me that I should start my own.  In my free time, I am constantly starting projects and then hardly every finishing them.  My husband considers it the biggest running joke in our house.  So, in an attempt to force myself to finish my projects, I will be writing about them here in the hopes that even imaginary readers waiting to see what happens next will keep me going.  I have crochet, quilting, knitting, long stitch and counted cross stitch projects all in progress, so I will have plenty to write about.

With that being said, my current project is the Cabled Elegance Cardigan in the September 2010 issue of Crochet! magazine.  The pattern calls for using Plymouth Encore yarn, but I'm limited by what I can get in stores, and I have a fondness for Caron's Super Soft yarn, so I am making it with that, in navy blue.  I will post the picture of the cardigan when I get a chance.  My phone recently bit the dust, and I am waiting for a replacement.

I started the sweater with the intention of giving it to my mother for Christmas, and here we are 2 years later, and all I have done is the back.  I am currently working on the right front piece, and have about 2 inches left to go before finishing off and going on to the left front.  My goal now is to actually finish the project, and finally give it to my mom.  With your "help", maybe it will be done in time this year.

1 comment: